Intelligent Welding Robot Solutions in The Automobile Industry
In the automobile industry, the welding process is a key link in the manufacture of auto parts and bodywork, and it plays a special role as a link between the preceding and the following. At the same time, many models of automotive products, complex forming structures, specialization, standardization of parts production, high quality and efficiency requirements, etc., put forward higher requirements for welding automation in the field.
Aiming at the difficulty of welding automation in the automotive industry, the HCNC robot has developed a series of welding robots through continuous technological innovation, with a load coverage of 5-20 kg and an arm span of 1.4-2 meters. It is an intelligent welding solution for the automobile and parts industry. The industry has widely recognized it.
Project 1: Welding automation of automobile door/body
Since the structure of the car is more complicated than the usual mechanical products, the welding process is difficult. Most of the car body is composed of metal components and covering parts, and various pre-customized structural parts, such as windshield pillars, door pillars, door upper rails, front and rear fenders, front and rear panels, top covers, etc. The components are joined by welding.
- The door welding requires up to 28 welding points and a working cycle of 80 seconds.
- The door consists of two-layer panels and three-layer panels, and it is made of carbon steel.
It adopts HCNC welding robot JH605 + world-class welding machine + welding process software system.
- Realize welding of 28 solder spots, and the working cycle reaches 50 seconds, which is 40% higher than the user’s demand rate;
- Save labor and improve production efficiency.
Project 2: Welding automation of new energy vehicle battery box
The battery box body is a key component of the power battery system in new energy car. In this project, the box is made of aluminum alloy. And the customer proposed that the welding effect should meet the requirements of safety, sealing, anti-collision ability, and stable quality.
Adopting the solution of “HCNC robot + double positioner + welding machine + push-pull welding torch + CMT cold welding process”, the welding has no spatter and the heat input is small.
- Using CMT technology, the welding seam is firm and beautiful;
- Welding without spatter, no need for secondary grinding;
- It has good airtightness and stable welding quality, which ensures that the battery box does not enter the water when the car is wading;
- It greatly reduces the labor intensity and saves labor costs.
Project 3: Welding automation of anti-collision beam in new energy vehicle
- The bumper material is aluminum alloy, and the customer requires a high welding process and production capacity;
- The user requires that there be no black edges in the welding, the front and rear spacing of the fish scale weld bead is uniform, the left and right spacing is consistent, and no undercut, and no spatter;
- The capacity requirement is 10,000 sets/month.
Using a super pulse welding machine + push-pull welding torch + welding robot JH605 + positioner, according to the process sequence, we design 5 aluminum welding workstations.
5 aluminum welding workstations, with a monthly production capacity of 12,000 sets of bumpers, have passed the welding quality inspection of automobile manufacturers.
Project 4: Welding automation of automotive gearbox retarder
As a kind of auxiliary braking device, the retarder can improve the continuous braking performance and driving safety of the vehicle and can reduce the cost of vehicle use, then improve the competitiveness of heavy-duty vehicle products. Since the retarder is a stress-bearing part, it must be deeply assembled with other parts. Therefore, the welding process requirements of the retarder are very high, and the requirements for the height of the welding leg, the depth of penetration, and the appearance of the welding seam are relatively high.
The welding robot JH605+ welding machine is used to optimize the stability of the robot’s low-speed motion, ensure the uniformity of heat in the welding process, and the high consistency of weld seam and weld leg size.
The 6 retarder welding workstations operate continuously, with uniform weld penetration, beautiful shape, and consistent weld leg height.
The development of automobile manufacturing is inseparable from the progress of welding technology. HCNC Robotics adheres to innovation as its soul and continues to cultivate welding robot products and application fields. Its solutions cover different fields such as thin plates and medium-thick plates. The welding solutions provided for the automotive industry have effectively improved the production efficiency of enterprises and reduced operating costs. With the development of the automobile industry, HCNC Robotics will focus on more subdivided scenarios and provide more complete welding intelligent solutions for automobiles and even more industries.